Jesus’ DNA in you includes praying for the nations. We are transformed in Christ and can pray against the Coronavirus.
This is a beta episode of something new we may be doing — we want to hear from you about it. In this episode, discover the Prayer Dynamic of personal transformation in Christ adding rocket fuel to your prayer life. Let’s unite in prayer together.
This type of episode format may be added into the Jesus Smart podcast feed. Or it may be branded as an additional podcast.
Stream episode #118: Beta Prayer Episode — Prayer Against the Corona Virus. Plus, Add Rocket Fuel to Your Prayers.
Also on Spotify, Stitcher, Overcast, and other major podcast apps.
CLICK >> JesusSmart.com/godspeed to see a complete list of GODSPEED tinysodes. Fast. Punchy!
Your rating, review, and subscription is the best way you can help this podcast — whatever your favorite listening option is. Thanks!
If you listen on Apple Podcasts, kindly leave a rating, a review and subscribe!
Go Deeper: Pray against the Corona Virus
Prayer Targets — Pray Against the Coronavirus
These prayer targets are taken from the Give Him 15 Daily Prayer for March 3, 2020.
We believe strongly that since this is a worldwide issue, it’s going to take the whole church to cry out together for the mercy and healing power of God to contain it. Let’s pray against the Coronavirus together.
1. Pray Psalm 91 over your families and nations.
“When we live our lives within the shadow of God Most High, our secret hiding place, we will always be shielded from harm. HOW THEN COULD EVIL PREVAIL AGAINST US OR DISEASE INFECT US?” (Passion Translation, Ps. 91:9-10)
2. Therefore, during this prayer time, we want to both pray against fear and remind ourselves that God has not given us a spirit of fear. “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind” (2 Tim. 1:7).
3. Because fear can cause us to also make reactionary or unwise decisions, we pray for wisdom for our leaders to contain the spread of the virus while protecting their people effectively. We pray also for the crisis response teams and emergency responders in each nation to be protected and be effective.
4. Across the world people are being faced with the greatest fear known to mankind—the prospect of our own mortality. Pray for courage for believers to share Jesus effectively through this time of crisis.
5. Many prophetic voices across the world have been prophesying the coming of the next great awakening, and that it will happen on a worldwide scale. Forces of evil would like to use this to either delay or disrupt the coming awakenings and revivals. Intercede that this will not happen, but rather escalate the moves of God worldwide. God wants this season to turn into a catalyst of revival instead of contagion.
6. Make a decree that the coronavirus will cease worldwide, and that God will heal all who are currently affected by it.
7. Re-consecrate yourselves, your families, and your nation to God through the taking of communion. Remember the miracle of Passover. Plead and apply the blood of the Lamb on the doorposts of your spheres.
Marinate In Psalm 91: Read It. Practice a “Psalm 91 Mindfulness.” Pray It. Say It.
1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.”
3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence. 4 He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler. 5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, 6 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; But it shall not come near you. 8 Only with your eyes shall you look, and see the reward of the wicked. 9 Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, even the Most High, your dwelling place, 10 No evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; 11 For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. 12 In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone. 13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra, the young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.
14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name. 15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. 16 With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation.”
The Holy Bible, New King James Version, Copyright © 1982 Thomas Nelson. All rights reserved.